Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Updated gear-list

Only two weeks left!!!
As one of the final preparations I've checked all my gear.
It has been weighed, it has been measured, and it has been found perfection.

In the category "Gear" you can see everything in detail!

Although I could have easily saved two more pounds with my backpack and tent, I decided against it.
  • Regarding my backpack I can only say that with all my back problems I have to take a model with a dense internal frame. The smaller ULA Circuit has replaced its bigger brother Catalyst because the volume is just perfect.
  • Regarding my tent I let the comfort win! I have tested the much lighter ZPack solo but decided to go another time with my Tarptent. For me it's easier to set up and gives me just more space. It feels just right!
Unfortunately I've not managed to get under 18 pounds and compared to others this is way too much but getting lighter is a steady process and so I'll have to keep hiking until I reach the 12 pound barrier :-)

Happy Trails :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment