Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Less is MORE!

In the final phase I love the moment when I can answer one of the most important questions:


How heavy is my backpack?

21 ounces... that's the answer :-)

But it's not just all about the backpack... what about the entire content inside? What's my base weight?
The last two days I continuously moved between my laptop, all the hiking gear and my digital scale and did a lot of measurements .
In the end I had it all together... 15 pounds without water and food.


- 3,7 pound
EPIC :-)

For a "normal" hiker that might not sound like a lot of weight but 3,7lb less compared to last year is in my world a thru-hiking a quantum leap! That is half a gallon of water that I do not have to carry around useless for 3,000 miles!

For more details visit the category "Gear".

Happy trails :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment