Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ready to go again!

A lot of time has passed since I was in Lander in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming without knowing what to do. The decision to get off trail was the right one!

Meanwhile it is spring again and I can't wait to get another chance on the CDT.
And YES... I'll start again at the very beginning ! Only a thru-hike is the real challenge!
I got professional help treating my Achilles tendon practically every week since I returned and I'm ready to go again... 100%!
I lightened up my gear on more time and got rid off 4 pounds! More details on that coming soon.
But the most important thing is my overall fitness this year. Last year I was certainly well prepared but this didn't compensate my overweight which resulted in my problems with the Achilles tendon. This time I shaped up and lost 26 pounds of body weight!!!
The CDT is just not like the PCT... you have to be in top shape on day one!

And another problem is solved.. I found NEW "Banana Pants". Unfortunately my original model is no longer available and the green version wasn't really successful. But I have a new pair again, now I am yellow again!
The countdown has started and I am looking forward to put my first steps into the sand of New Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment