Tuesday, October 15, 2013

1 year after... new goals!



Unbelievable how time goes by... more than a year has passed since my successful thru-hike on the Pacific Crest Trail... 13 months since I reached Manning Park!

Five months in the wilderness along the PCT was my biggest and most beautiful adventure so far. I'm looking back on an almost perfect year in terms of weather conditions and therefore an "easy" trail. Even to me this appears a little bit funny because I conquered the distance of 102 marathons and gained more than 470.000 ft elevation!

Many long-distance hikers talk about how difficult it is to find back to real life... and they are right. I tried to be prepared but didn't know how hard it would really be.
It took me a year to fight back and now I'm up to another adventure - an adventure that brings back the balance in my life.

What could be better than another really long trail?
The "big brother" of the PCT... the CDT!


More lonely, more remote, wilder and harder... pure nature!
"Embrace the brutality!"

No comments:

Post a Comment