Friday, October 18, 2013

That was my PCT ... Statistics for future hikers


For all my hikes the evaluation of the trail-profile played the same major role just like being in nature and taking beautiful photos.
There is a reason why I will always hike with my GPS on!

During my preparation for the PCT I tried to study countless schedules from other hikers but most were just assumptions and not real data.
In order to establish an itinerary for yourself you need to thank the following "heroes"...

But there is nothing better than "real data" although my table my seem a little confusing for some people :-)
There is only one rule... "Hike Your Own Hike"
Depending on the chosen route, the countless water sources, the resupply point and maybe some detours, every hiker hikes his own PCT!

I have organized my date by the following:
  • Day by day
  • Comparison between Hafmile's and my mileage
  • Distanze, ascent, descent
  • Organized by Sections (A,B,C,...), some days get split for that (grey)
  • Resupply points (yellow)
  • My personal marathon-days... +25 miles (blue)



So here are my final facts!
  • 2.718 mi and 473.000 ft ascent
  • 128 days of hiking
  • 12 Zeros
  • 21 mi and 3.600 ft per day (without Zeros)
  • 102 Marathon-Distances all together
  • 42 "Marathon-days" (+- 2)
  • 102 nights in my tent
  • 13 nights cowboy-camping
  • 25 night in a bed
  • The only austrian thru-hiker 2012

Things consumed by the trail...
  • 5 pairs of shoes
  • 12 pairs of socks
  • 3 T-shirt
  • 1 bandana (lost)
  • 1 glove (lost)

Maybe there will be some more Austrians on the PCT the next years! 
Happy Trails :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment